What is it?
Loose, sagging skin and jowls occur when internal or external factors affect molecules that help keep the skin elastic and firm. Most people start to experience skin laxity, or loosening, between the ages of 30 and 40 year. Sagging skin and jowls can be caused by a variety of factors; natural ageing, genetics, sun damage, weight loss, and smoking being just a few.
Although it isn’t possible to put a stop to ageing, we offer several treatments designed to treat loss of firmness and sagging skin. We will prescribe vitamins and skincare to compliment your treatment and to achieve faster results. There are also some useful tips for you to adopt to delay the ageing process:
- Wear an SPF all year round to protect your skin from harmful UVA rays.
- Correct products – we will customise a skincare routine for you which will contain cosmeceutical ingredients such as vitamins, anti-oxidants, peptides and growth factors.
- Drink plenty of water to stay hydrated.
- Refrain from smoking as it damages, dehydrates and ages the skin.
- Keep sunbathing to a minimum.